Friday, March 15, 2019

Color Me Happy!

A few years ago, I taught a class coloring with crayons on fabric and then adding embroidery. 


First, we traced the design, colored and then embroidered. 

I have always wanted to go a step further, but had no idea what to do next.  Inktense pencils came across my radar. Did some research on them via YouTube and yes, I wanted to learn how to do that technique! These are NOT cheap pencils, so had to save my nickels and dimes and with coupon in hand, I went to purchase the pencils. And then,because life got in the way, totally forgot about the pencils.

We are very lucky to have Lois Mulcahey, who sends out Quilterz Nooz emails to the quilting community in our area.  One of the guilds advertised a class with Desiree Habicht in February called Color Me Quilts – Art Applique Table Runner. Luckily I didn't waste time to enroll, as the class sold out! 

 Finally, my chance to learn from a pro how to use those pencils!
Desiree showing us how to get started. 

Aren't these roses beautiful? 

We had a choice of a sunflower or a rose.
So guess what I picked? 
You got it, the sunflower. 


Lots of talent!!
Be sure to check out Desiree's website to see all the wonderful projects that you, too, can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment